Ornithoptera priamus urvillianus ♀♂
Rare, special and usually not available Ornithopera Priamus, or Priam’s Birdwing, is named in honor of Priam, the last king of Troy. Subspecies Urvillianus inhabits Papua New Guinea, and Solomon Islands. The Priam's Blue Birdwing is one of the largest and most beautiful butterflies in Asia. The stunning blue wings and glossy black forewings serves as a protection mechanism by warning any predators that it is distasteful. Its wingspan reaches 13 centimetres (5.1 in).
RETURNS & REFUNDS
- While we try our best to depict the actual colors & design of our butterflies & other insect artworks on our website, we cannot guarantee that the insect & its artwork design you receive will be identical in color, shade or size as the one you see on our website.
- Our frames are not air-sealed. This will allow you to repair your butterfly, beetle or other insect should it become necessary. Since our insects specimens have been professionally preserved and dried, we guarantee that your display will last and look wonderful for a very long time. Therefore, air sealing is merely a personal choice and not a necessity. This also allows for inside frame cleaning from time to time such as interior glass due to organic out gassing over time and is natural.
- We may substitute a different size frameset (in same color) depending on variability aspects such as insect size and product availability.
- Most artworks are shipped within a week of ordering but may require a few days longer to prepare some insects.
- Due to some insects having extremely fragile antennae, we may remove them preemptively because they rarely ship successfully.