Papilio rumanzovia Verso
The scarlet Mormon or red Mormon, is a butterfly of the family Papilionidae. It is found in the Philippines but has been recorded as a vagrant to southern Taiwan. The species was named by Johann Friedrich von Eschscholtz after Nicholas Rumanzow, chancellor of the Russian Empire. The Papilio rumanvia is black decorated with dramatic red circles, while the top side of the butterfly is solid black. It is also one of the very few swallowtail butterflies without tails on its hind wings.
RETURNS & REFUNDS
- While we try our best to depict the actual colors & design of our butterflies & other insect artworks on our website, we cannot guarantee that the insect & its artwork design you receive will be identical in color, shade or size as the one you see on our website.
- Our frames are not air-sealed. This will allow you to repair your butterfly, beetle or other insect should it become necessary. Since our insects specimens have been professionally preserved and dried, we guarantee that your display will last and look wonderful for a very long time. Therefore, air sealing is merely a personal choice and not a necessity. This also allows for inside frame cleaning from time to time such as interior glass due to organic out gassing over time and is natural.
- We may substitute a different size frameset (in same color) depending on variability aspects such as insect size and product availability.
- Most artworks are shipped within a week of ordering but may require a few days longer to prepare some insects.
- Due to some insects having extremely fragile antennae, we may remove them preemptively because they rarely ship successfully.